[Middlegen-user] cannot find tables??
hari babu
2003-01-04 06:40:04 UTC
hai firnds,
first i thnak Aslak for helping me out.
thanks Aslak.
I have set the ORACLE_HOME to the correct path and i
am able to connect to the database.
I then ran the create-tables target of the sample and
everything went along fine.
3 tables(PERSONS, FLIGHTS, RESERVATIONS) were created
successfully.

then I ran middlegen target of the sample build file.
I get an error:

Middlegen exception. Connected to the database. But
cannot find any tables. check whether there are tables
in the database. or ur catalog might be wrong.

If i modify the build.xml to show only the PERSONS
file(uncommenting the 'table') i get cannot find
table"PERSONS".

After the displaying this error the Build fails and
the Middlegen UI is not displayed.

Why does this occur?

Hari Babu

http://sbc.yahoo.com
Aslak Hellesoy
2003-01-04 12:35:03 UTC
Your schema and/or catalog is probably wrong. Specify them in oracle.xml and
make sure they're passed on to the middlegen task (they aren't in the latest
release, but it's fixed in CVS). Just make sure you have:

<middlegen
appname="${name}"
prefsdir="${src.dir}"
gui="${gui}"
databaseurl="${database.url}"
initialContextFactory="${java.naming.factory.initial}"
providerURL="${java.naming.provider.url}"
datasourceJNDIName="${name}.database"
driver="${database.driver}"
username="${database.userid}"
password="${database.password}"
schema="${database.schema}" <---------- Do you have
catalog="${database.catalog}" <---------- this?
-and specify correct values in oracle.xml

<property name="database.schema" value="blablablablab"/>
<property name="database.catalog" value="tralala"/>