[Middlegen-user] Again Oracle8.1.7 connection problem "catalog" argument ???
Anjarivo Razafinimanana
2002-06-28 09:58:04 UTC
I have always my problem connecting to Oracle Database through Middlegen
(see mail below).
After going over java code it seems that variable "_catalog" used in
MiddlegenTask.execute
is "null" ????? That's why I received NPE ....
I've tried to add:
<middlegen
catalog="My_CATALOG"
..
</middlegen>
But I always receive NullPointerException in MiddlegenPopulator.tune (424).
Is there a work around ?

Regards

Anjarivo RAZAFINIMANANA

---------------------------------
Hi folks,

I've tried to connect to Oracle 8.1.7. using these
databaseurl "jdbc:oracle:oci8:@referential.WORLD" or
"jdbc:ora:oci8:@referential.WORLD"
I received:
build.xml:154: java.lang.NullPointerException
at middlegen.MiddlegenTask.execute(MiddlegenTask.java:409)
I'm using "class12.zip" from Oracle+ Oracle8.1.7 + Ant 1.5beta3, jdk1.3.1,
Middlegen (CVS version June 6) + W98SE.
Is there any free drivers which is compliant with Oracle 8.1.7 and Middlegen
?

Regards

Anjarivo RAZAFINIMANANA
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-06-28 12:54:03 UTC
I've added a null check and a debug statement that prints out the schema and
catalog values in tune().

I don't understand why it would be null in your case though....
Also search the SF mail archives for "oracle". I don't have oracle myself,
so it's a bit hard for me to verify that Middlegen works with it.

HTH,
Aslak
----------
---------------------------------
Anjarivo Razafinimanana
2002-06-28 15:22:01 UTC
Right now, It works, I just added:
schema="METACAT"
catalog=""
Under password"".
I think maybe, the order is important !
Anjarivo RAZAFINIMANANA

Aslak Hellesøy
2002-06-28 15:38:03 UTC
No. Ant attributes can be passed in any order. What's Middlegen's debug output?

Aslak.