[Middlegen-user] Contributed Samples?
Joe Ryburn
2002-12-06 16:51:03 UTC
Is there an archive of contributed samples? If not, I would love to see
a few more simple applications than the supplied 'airline' sample,
particularly simple membership type applications (signup and login), and
other common core components of J2EE applications.

Regards,

Joe Ryburn
Technical Director
Lead Router LLC
Office 501-221-8865
Mobile 501-249-5015
Aslak Hellesoy
2002-12-06 18:05:36 UTC
Hi. The only input Middlegen takes is a database schema. So in a sense, a
Middlegen application is a database schema. -Or a database script with
CREATE TABLE statements. Just make some tables (you can edit the sql scripts
in the sample), feed them to middlegen and see the result.

Middlegen doesn't generate any business logic code, such as logic for login.
It generates data-access code (EJB CMP and JDO at the moment). You can make
your own tables to represent membership, user, etc, but you still need to
hand code the logic dealing with them.

So I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. Do you want a sample
hand-coded application that _uses_ the data access code generated by
Middlegen?

Aslak