[Middlegen-user] Classes that are immutable for an app?
Ray Tayek
2004-03-22 22:05:09 UTC
Hi, newbie here. I was wondering whether or not it would be worthwhile to
have the same class marked as immutable in different apps (by changing the
.hbm.xml file for that app after middlegen had reversed a db).

For example: most apps that use a po might have to eventually get to an sku
item in a table of things that you sold, but a po app would not be able to
change that object (or add to that table). Otoh, some other app that mangles
the sku's could step on that sku (as well as add sku's to the table).

I am reversing a lot of leagacy db's with no foreign keys from mysql 3 into
hibernate.

This question may belong on the hibernate list, if so, please say so.

thanks