[Middlegen-user] Merge file support in Velocity?
M-Leander Reimer
2002-07-02 14:35:32 UTC
Hi Aslak,

I can't find the described feature about the Velocity merge file support
anywhere in the documentation or on the mailing list archive. Where did
you read about this feature?

Where do I have to put this tablename-class-comments.txt file so that it
will be included by Velocity into the generated bean class?

Thanks for any tips in this.

Leander
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-07-02 17:45:47 UTC
M-Leander Reimer
Sent: 2. juli 2002 18:30
Subject: [Middlegen-user] Merge file support in Velocity?
Hi Aslak,
I can't find the described feature about the Velocity merge file support
anywhere in the documentation or on the mailing list archive. Where did
you read about this feature?
Terminology confusion I guess. I'm using the #parse directive (line 5 and 10
in entity-cmp-20.vm). That's well documented in Velocity's docs.

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/developer-guide.html (search for #parse)

The tricky part was to tell Velocity where to get the "merge files" (aka
Velocity resource), and make sure Velocity doesn't barf if a file isn't
found. This functionality is implemented in
middlegen.Middlegen.getEngine(middlegen.Plugin) and
middlegen.KindFileResourceLoader
Where do I have to put this tablename-class-comments.txt file so that it
will be included by Velocity into the generated bean class?
In your mergedir.
See middlegen/plugins/entitybean/doc/ant.html (which I just updated ;-)

/Aslak
Thanks for any tips in this.
Leander