[Middlegen-user] noob JBoss Hypersonic database deployment question
k***@keysolutions.com
2003-01-02 16:58:18 UTC
I've googled for a while w/ no luck looking for a tutorial on how to
do this
w/ a Hypersonic DB data source (quite a few w/ MySQL but the config
doesn't
look similiar), so I'm hoping one of you folks might have done this.

It looks like I just add this to the end of
jboss\server\default\deploy\hsqldb-service.xml

<mbean code="org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.RARDeployment"
name="jboss.jca:service=LocalTxDS,name=airline.database">
<attribute name="JndiName">airline.database</attribute>
<attribute name="ManagedConnectionFactoryProperties">
<properties>
<config-property name="ConnectionURL"
type="java.lang.String">jdbc:hsqldb:j:/win32dev/middlegen/middlegen/samples/airline</config-property>
<config-property name="DriverClass"
type="java.lang.String">org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</config-property>
<config-property name="UserName"
type="java.lang.String">sa</config-property>
<config-property name="Password"
type="java.lang.String"></config-property>
</properties>
</attribute>
</mbean>

Does this look right? A "how to deploy database source" to a few
sample
web servers (weblogic, jboss, mvcsoft) would be helpful.

BTW, there is a bug in middlegen\samples\config\ejb\jboss.xml which is
also
in mvcsoft.xml. On the MiddleGen web page, it clearly states that the
database source
name needs to be airline.database:
http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/getstarted/deploy.html
If you look at the weblogic.xml file in that database, it *does* use
airline.database as the
datasource name. However, the jboss and mvcsoft.xml files both use
"/DefaultDS" as
the datasource name. The jboss.xml file should be
<property name="jboss.datasource.name"
value="java:/airline.database"/>
I'll submit that as a bug.

ken