[Middlegen-user] Compilation errors in generated code (cannot resolve symbol)
Kyle Burke
2004-11-02 20:32:59 UTC
I am getting the following errors when running middlegen 2.1. Here
are the errors and the code, respectively.

It appears that the method is ignoring all of the params and passing a
Collection, that doesn't exist in the generated source code, to
another method. Has anyone run into this? I found very limited
information regarding anything along these lines. Any help is
appreciated.

Regards

Errors:
[javac] C:\~download\MI-Config
App\middlegen\middlegen-2.1\samples\build\gen-src\com\workscape\testproj\ejb\CpPlanCfgBean.java:773:
cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : variable cpPlanYearXrefs
[javac] location: class com.workscape.testproj.ejb.CpPlanCfgBean
[javac] setCpPlanYearXrefs(cpPlanYearXrefs);
[javac] ^
[javac] C:\~download\MI-Config
App\middlegen\middlegen-2.1\samples\build\gen-src\com\workscape\testproj\ejb\CpYearCfgBean.java:533:
cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : variable cpPlanYearXrefs
[javac] location: class com.workscape.testproj.ejb.CpYearCfgBean
[javac] setCpPlanYearXrefs(cpPlanYearXrefs);
[javac] ^
[javac] 2 errors

Code:
public void ejbPostCreate( java.lang.String cpPlanId, java.lang.String
cpPlanName, java.lang.String cpPlanDesc, int sortOrder,
java.lang.String custom1, java.lang.String custom2, java.lang.String
custom3, java.lang.String custom4, java.lang.String custom5,
java.lang.String custom6, java.lang.String custom7, java.lang.String
custom8, java.lang.String custom9, java.lang.String custom10,
java.sql.Timestamp ctlInsDttm, java.sql.Timestamp ctlUpdDttm,
java.math.BigDecimal ctlTransSeqnum, int ctlUpdSeq, java.lang.String
ctlDeletedInd ) throws javax.ejb.CreateException {
// Set CMR fields
setCpPlanYearXrefs(cpPlanYearXrefs);
}
Dave Vyas

Dave Vyas
2004-11-05 23:07:03 UTC
Just found workaround not the solution. After you click on generate button on gui, open the XXBean.java file under samples\build\gen-src and comment the setter method for cmr in ejbPostCreate method and than close the gui. This should compile the source correctly. It seems like this error comes only when using middlegen2.1 against the oracle9i. middlegen2.0 works fine. Middlegen2.1 also does not bring up the gui if I use oracle10g. Anyways currently I don't know whether it is a oracle driver problem or middlegen bug or xdoclet version. Xdoclet may not be the problem as setter method for the cmr generates before we close the gui. I will keep you guys posted. If anybody else has alredy found the solution than please post it. I appreciate any input.

http://mail.yahoo.com