[Middlegen-user] CMR not supported, JBoss 4 - MySql
Jean-Pierre Schnyder
2004-06-17 06:05:11 UTC

I tried those steps, as described in other postings done in this list,

"1. Be sure to use fkcmp="false" setting in your build.xml
2. You now cannot use composite primary keys (where columns are part of
both
the primary and foreign keys). So only RESERVATION_ID column is now part of

the primary key.
3. You need to allow your foreign key columns to be NULL-able. It looks
like
they are inserted as NULL and then later updated with appropriate values."

but now, I get compile errors when I run the ant script.

compile-ejb:
[javac] Compiling 46 source files to
C:\Development\middlegen-2.0-vo\samples\build\classes
[javac]
C:\Development\middlegen-2.0-vo\samples\build\gen-src\airline\ejb\Reservatio
nBean.java:379: cannot resolve s
ymbol
[javac] symbol : method getPersonIdFk ()
[javac] location: class airline.interfaces.ReservationLightValue
[javac] setPersonIdFk(value.getPersonIdFk());
[javac] ^
[javac]
C:\Development\middlegen-2.0-vo\samples\build\gen-src\airline\ejb\Reservatio
nBean.java:380: cannot resolve s
ymbol
[javac] symbol : method getFlightIdFk ()
[javac] location: class airline.interfaces.ReservationLightValue
[javac] setFlightIdFk(value.getFlightIdFk());
[javac] ^
[javac] 2 errors

The error obviously are due to the fkcmp flag set to false. Can anybody tell
me how to get a clean compile so I can try the sample example successfully ?
Up to now, I can only state that middlegen does NOT work with either JBoss
3.2 or JBoss 4. Please help me changing my mind .-)

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre