unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Should Middlegen support denormalised many-to-many relations? What do
you others think? Pros and cons please.

Those of you who have the latest CVS version of Middlegen may have
noticed that Ludovic Claude has submitted a new plugin for JDO.
Middlegen has a plugin API based on Velocity, so Middlegen is not only
about CMP EJBs anymore. Writing Plugins is quite easy. There will be
better documentation about how to do that when the next release is
shipped. That will probably be in the end of May.

Cheers,
Aslak

--=_alternative 0058841580256BB4_=

Ciao,<br>
Jonathan O'Connor<br>
Ph: +353 1 872 3305<br>
Mob: +353 86 824 9736<br>
middlegen-devel is only for people interested in middlegen's source <br>
code)<br>
Hi! I was about to remove the web-based forums (because I hate them, <br>
and activity there is very low), and I saw Jonathan O'Connor's post <br>
about m-n relations. Here it is again:<br>
---------------------%&lt;-----------------------------<br>
I have some code which detects when there are one to one relations. <br>
Basically, if the foreign key field is also the primary key field for <br>
the foreign table, then we have a 1-1 relationship. <br>
Let me know if you are interested in this code and I'll post it. <br>
Also, I have looked at the many-to-many code, and I don't understand <br>
it :-( But, I think the only time you should generate many-to-many <br>
relations are when T1 to MapTable is many-to-1 and T2 to MapTable is <br>
many-to-1, and (this is the important bit) the two foreign key fields <br>
in MapTable are the only primary key fields in MapTable. I did notice <br>
that middlegen will create a many-to-many from 1-many, many-1 (rather <br>
than many-1, 1-many). <br>
Hope this helps, <br>
Jonathan &nbsp;<br>
I think the most common way to create a many-to-many relationship is by <br>
using 1-many, many-1.