[Middlegen-user] CMP20: $table.valueClassName not being translated
Andy Marks
2002-09-29 23:36:03 UTC
Hi All,

I'm trying to pick up the pieces of a stalled dev. project that uses
middlegen/CMP20 to talk to Oracle to generate the bean implementation
classes.

Everything seems to be going fine EXCEPT:

- For some reason, no instances of $table.valueClassName are being
translated into the correct class name in the generated bean
implementations. Instead the original token (i.e., $table.valueClassName)
remains in the generated .java source files

- To the best of my knowledge, all other tokens are being correctly
substituted.

I cannot find _any_ documentation _anywhere_ on whether this token is valid
and/or being correctly used. I did find a sample entity-cmp-20.vm template
file on the middlegen sourceforge site which doesn't reference it at all.

Unfortunately, I have no contact with the original developers on the project
who created the entity-cmp-20.vm template file I'm currently using...

Any and all help would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Andy Marks

Toll Transitions
Phone: (03) 8696 6076
Fax: (03) 8696 6001
Email: ***@toll.com.au
www.tolltransitions.com.au <http://www.tolltransitions.com.au/> - Relocation
Redefined
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-09-30 00:25:02 UTC
Hi Andy,

This $table.valueClassName is not from us. It's not in our CVS sources and
never were. It sounds as if some of the developers who left your project
have tried to add support for XDoclet's value objects by hacking the cmp20
template, and obviously they haven't completed it. If I'm correct in my
assumption, they have either hacked the template inside the jar file or by
using the override mechanism described here (the fileproducer section).

http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/plugins/index.html

I don't know what Middlegen version you're using (maybe you don't know
yourself, hehe). An old CVS version perhaps? Middlegen 2.0-b1 was released
only 10 days ago (the first release since February).

FYI, you'd have to add a getValueClassName() method to Entity11Table in
order to get a proper value in the template.

HTH, and good luck!
Aslak