[Middlegen-user] using middlegen with eclipse?
Johnny Nguyen
2002-09-17 16:28:03 UTC
Hello everyone. I searched the list archive for eclipse related info, but found none. I suppose this might be more a question for the eclipse list, but I figure some middlegen users must also be eclipse users. here's my problem.

I've gone into "windows -> preferences -> external tools -> ant" and added the middlegen.jar file that comes the binary 1.0 .zip download. Then I click on the "tasks" tab and define middlegen tasks as:
name: middlegen
class: middlegen.MiddlegenTask
Library: F:/dev/java/middlgen/samples/lib/middlegen.jar

I define my middlegen target as:
<target name="middlegen" depends="prepare">

<middlegen appname="myproject" gui="yes" destination="${java.src.dir}" databaseurl="jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydatabase" driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" username="myuser" password="mypassword" package="mypackage">

</middlegen>

</target>

and then when i go to run ant inside of eclipse, i get NoClassDefFoundError on middlegen.MiddlegenTask. I'm hoping that there have got to be some eclipse users on this list that could possibly point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance, I can't wait to get it all working so I can try this promising tool.

Regards,
Johnny

Also, the "getting started" section on the middlegen site needs to be updated.
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-09-17 17:21:01 UTC
I can't help you with Eclipse. Never used it.

What needs to be updated in the "Getting Started" section? On the front page
it is written in bold that the documentation is for the CVS "version". There
is also a link to the documentation for Middlegen 1.0.

(Pleas send ASCII mail to the mailing list if you can)

Thanks,
Aslak