[Middlegen-user] (no subject)
Chintan
2004-11-05 12:13:15 UTC
Hi Ian,

Can you send me the generated PersonBean.java file?
I am pretty sure, middlegen couldn't have recognized
the oracle datatype. I had to change the Middlegen
source code (Mapping from DB-Java are stored in some
file).

Thanks,
Chintan Shah

------------

I have successfully run and built the sample
application from a mysql
database (as I'm more familiar with that). Then
decided to move to
Oracle
to do the same. I'm running building on a windows
platform accessing an
oracle 9i database using the ojdbc14.jar drivers, and
Middlegen 2.1.

The Middlegen task completed, then the XDoclet stage
created classes,
but
the compilation stage failed. With the following:
compile-ejb:
[javac] Compiling 53 source files to
C:\programming\middlegen-2.1\samples\build\classes
[javac]
C:\programming\middlegen-2.1\samples\build\gen-src\airline\ejb\PersonBean.java:261:

cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : variable reservations
[javac] location: class airline.ejb.PersonBean
[javac] setReservations(reservations);
[javac] ^
[javac] 1 error

I've not found the same error in the archive, but I
don't think I
deviated
from the guide, because I carried it out successfully
with mySQL.

Can anybody shed some light?

Thanks

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.