[Middlegen-user] Problem changing from JDK1.3.1 to JDK1.4.1
M.-Leander Reimer
2003-01-07 08:45:03 UTC
Hi there,

I recently migrated my environment from JDK1.3.1_05 to JDK1.4.1_01. So far
so good. When I try to build one of our EJB projects (which uses Middlegen
of course), the build fails.

What happens is that the signature of the ejbCreate(..) methods is generated
differently, to be precise, the order of the CMR parameters is different.

The project is using a quite old version of Middlegen. I also tried the
latest Middlegen version from CVS, but it didn't make any difference.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Are the relations sorted by
Middlegen in any way? This might be a JDK issue but I am clueless at the
moment.

Thanks,
Leander
Aslak Hellesøy
2003-01-07 11:57:03 UTC
M.-Leander Reimer
Sent: 7. januar 2003 11:44
Subject: [Middlegen-user] Problem changing from JDK1.3.1 to JDK1.4.1
Hi there,
I recently migrated my environment from JDK1.3.1_05 to JDK1.4.1_01. So far
so good. When I try to build one of our EJB projects (which uses Middlegen
of course), the build fails.
What happens is that the signature of the ejbCreate(..) methods
is generated
differently, to be precise, the order of the CMR parameters is different.
I have experienced this myself. It's probably due to some sorting
incompatibilities in the java.util package, or maybe even the java.sql
package.

If you open a bug and supply a test case (2 sql tables perhaps) that lets us
reproduce this, we'll try to look into it and fix it so that behaviour is
the same on both JDKs.

Thanks,
Aslak