[Middlegen-user] why does middlegen create EntityBean inheritance ??
Jim O'Connor
2003-01-17 17:43:04 UTC
I notice that the middlegen tool not only generates
the entitybean (say class A ), but there is an
additional class the is generated (Class B). Class B
extends Class A. Furthermore, class B and not class A
is referenced in the ejb-jar file as the entitybean.
Also class B doesn't contain relationships, only the
direct mappings to the table. I also noticed that
class B always has the name "CMP" appended to the
class name. What is the purpose of class B ??? I've
dug arond the templates, but can't figure out what is
going on.

Here is an example ...
public abstract class CustomerCMP extends CustomerBean
implements javax.ejb.EntityBean

p.s. Middlegen will save the world.

Thanks!
-jim