[Middlegen-user] getting started
Fredrik Karlsson
2002-05-11 06:32:02 UTC
Hi!

I'm having some difficulties getting started w. Middlegen.

I downloaded the source from the CVS repository, but there seem to be
more than one buildfile.. And what target do I run to do the following:

* Generate Middlegen, so that I can use it on my own DB

* Execute Middlegen on the examples/default DB, to fool around and
explore the GUI.

Can someone please help get going w. this?

Thanks /Fredrik
Aslak Hellesoy
2002-05-12 09:07:01 UTC
Hi Fredrik

In order to build Middlegen, execute "build" from /middlegen (the default
target). This creates middlegen.jar.
In order to run the sample, execute "build" from /middlegen/samples (the
default target). This will pop up the GUI.

You have to create the tables before running the sample. Do it manually, or
execute the create-database target. See the airline.sql/airlins-pg.sql
scripts (for MySQL/PostgresQL).

HTH,
Aslak