[Middlegen-user] Help with overriding a plugin!!!! PLEASE URGENT
Juliano Gomes
2004-07-05 13:10:00 UTC
Hey guys, I need some help here...

Well, I have to generate some struts code, but not in the middlegen way, IŽm using middlegen to overide some existing plugins, IŽve created my own plugins, theyŽre form.vm and action.vm

So I use fileproducer to change all defaults plugins in middlegen to point to my new ones...

The point is, I donŽt want middlegen generating all action classes like DELETE, INSERT, NEW... and others... because all these actions IŽve done it to one plugin... ACTION.VM has these methods...

So I read my DB and generate my tableNameAction only, I dont wanŽt that middle generates for me classes like tableNameDeleteAction and stuff....

I tried to substitute files in struts-plugin.jar , but It didnŽt work .....

Can you members of this list help me out please ?? I have to follow some patternŽs in my job.... IŽd be very greatfull...

ThankŽs a lot people!

Juliano Zandoná Gomes
IT GoldTower - Desenvolvimento de Sistemas

E-mail: ***@goldtower.com.br
Web Site: http://www.goldtower.com.br
Endereço: R. Dr. Pamphilo d'Assumpção, nº 511 - Parolin
Phone: +55 (41) 3022-8117
Russell Simpkins
2004-07-07 21:46:14 UTC
Use the java element. I use it to generate all sorts of stuff, SQL
files, XST templates you name it.

You can run your templates like this.

<middlegen appname="${name}" prefsdir="${src.dir}" gui="${gui}"
databaseurl="${database.url}"
initialContextFactory="${java.naming.factory.initial}"
providerURL="${java.naming.provider.url}"
datasourceJNDIName="${name}.database" driver="${database.driver}"
username="${database.userid}" password="${database.password}"
schema="${database.schema}">
<java name="updatejsp" package="${project-package}.${name}"
destination="${build.html.dir}">
<fileproducer template=”xyz.vm"
destination="${build.html.dir} " filename="update{0}.jsp"/>
</java>
</middlegen>