[Middlegen-user] Relationship to Self
Brian Cochran
2002-08-13 22:16:08 UTC
If I have an entity that has a relationship to itself, middlegen winds up
with a name colision in the role-name's. For example:

CREATE TABLE NODE ( NODE_ID INT, PARENT_ID INT);
ALTER TABLE NODE ADD PRIMARY KEY(NODE_ID)
ALTER TABLE NODE ADD FOREIGN KEY(PARENT_ID) REFERENCES NODE;

would fail because we would get role-name's that were identical on both
sides of the relationship.

I don't know how often this finds its way into peoples stuff so maybe not a
big deal :), but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

Thanks a bunch,
Brian
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-08-13 22:28:04 UTC
What a coincidence! I discovered (and fixed) that bug today. I'll commit it
in a very short while.

I saw you tried to subscribe. Please do that here through the web interface.

Aslak
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-08-13 23:18:02 UTC
It's fixed now. Of course it was a big deal! ;-)

Aslak