[Middlegen-user] Hibernate DAO finder methods and QueryException
Stephen Bartlett
2005-03-24 03:54:33 UTC
I've run into a problem similar to the one described by
Johan Duflost titled "hibernatedao"

In addition to incorrect case being used in the finder
method's query, I also discovered the query is constructed
without an "=" operator. This results in the following
exception:

net.sf.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve
property: FirstName of: eg.User [from eg.User aTable WHERE
aTable.FirstName ?]

There are two problems with the query:

1. The query is missing the '=' operator.
2. The property's case doesn't correspond to its mapping.
I expect it to begin with a lower case 'f'.
Stephen Bartlett
2005-03-24 04:24:35 UTC
Just as a follow up, an update from CVS fixed this
problem.

Thanks to whoever fixed it!
I've run into a problem similar to the one described by
Johan Duflost titled "hibernatedao"
In addition to incorrect case being used in the finder
method's query, I also discovered the query is
constructed
without an "=" operator. This results in the following
net.sf.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve
property: FirstName of: eg.User [from eg.User
aTable WHERE
aTable.FirstName ?]
1. The query is missing the '=' operator.
2. The property's case doesn't correspond to
its mapping.
I expect it to begin with a lower case 'f'.
Mobile & Embedded DevCon 2005
Attend MEDC 2005 May 9-12 in Vegas. Learn more
about the latest Windows
Embedded(r) & Windows Mobile(tm) platforms,
applications & content. Register
by 3/29 & save $300