[Middlegen-user] SQLServer 2000 and middlegen
Harris, Troy
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Takashi Okamoto
2005-02-11 01:29:29 UTC
From: "Harris, Troy" <***@MAIL.ECU.EDU>
Subject: [Middlegen-user] SQLServer 2000 and middlegen
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:07:23 -0500
I am using MiddlegenIDE 1.0.1 to connect to a sqlserver 2000
database. When I click on the "load Tables" button it gives me a
list of tables. I select a table and then choose run. Middlegen
runs for a couple of seconds and then returns an error stating that
the database doesn't contain any tables named "TableISelected", to
check and make sure it exists, and notifies me that some databases
are case sensitive.
When error occured, was ant running? If so, middlegen-build.xml was
generated. Could you modify <table name="xxx" /> element in
middlegen-build.xml manualy and run ant for middlgen-build.xml?

Takashi Okamoto
Deadman, Hal
2005-02-11 14:16:51 UTC
I was working with MiddlegenIDE on SQL Server as well and ran into the
same issue. I believe the problem is that the catalog attribute is
specified as "" instead of left out of the middlegen task which would
cause it to be null. I also specified "%" as the schema pattern
attribute for the middlegen task to get it to work.

The MS SQL driver is broken out into three jar files. I think the
MiddlegenIDE dialog only lets you search one jar file to get the driver.
I had to combine the jars into one and use that. The dialog also doesn't
save the selected driver in the drop down if more than one are available
in the driver. Not major issues but thought I would share...