[Middlegen-user] gui - entity bean generation
Darryl Thompson
2002-10-04 16:54:02 UTC
Hello there,

I am new to middlegen, so I have tried running the
tutorial to get an understanding of how it works. I am
using Eclipse and Ant build files to develop EJB 2.0
applications (which is where middlegen comes in)
against an Oracle 8i database. I can't get the GUI to
generate entity beans because of 2 related issues:
1) Once a developer has connected to one of our
databases he/she must attach the correct
SCHEMA name to the table name in order to
query it (e.g., select * from coeadmin.customer)
When the gui connects it cannot find any tables
for the userid/password provided (because the
tables are not under that userid/password)
2) If I use the admin userid/password in the gui
then the gui "HANGS". There are a total of 91 tables
could this be the reason for hanging when using the
adin userid/password (too many tables)?

What can I do to provide the schema name to the
gui???

Thanks
Darryl

http://sbc.yahoo.com
Aslak Hellesoy
2002-10-05 01:20:02 UTC
Thompson
Sent: 4. oktober 2002 20:53
Subject: [Middlegen-user] gui - entity bean generation
[...]
Assuming you're on Middlegen 2.0-b1, try this:
http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/ant/index.html#schema

HTH, Aslak
Thanks
Darryl