[Middlegen-user] Mismatch between Oracle Data type and hbm.xml file
Sagar B
2004-07-05 06:49:14 UTC
Hi All,
I am using middlegen to read my database schema ( Oracle 9i) and am using the hibernate plug in to generate the *.hbm.xml and the corresponding pojos.
I am facing an issue of type mismatch between the Oracle Table schema and the corresponding generated hbm.xml files.( ex Timestamp to Object and Float to BigDecimal and so on)
Since there are a lot of tables I cant manually edit the hbm.xml files.

I read on the forum that middlegen uses the rules from java\middlegen\javax\Sql2Java.java to generate the mapping files types
so I tried to grab the source from CVS and couldn’t because the sourceforge.cvs fails to connect it just times out
(I tried it from home and office to determine it was not a firewall issue )

So I have 2 requests, can one of you please let me know of an alternative way in which this mapping can be achieved?
Or can you send me a zipped up source file so that I can do the necessary changes and use it.

OR can someone find out whats wrong with CVS??

I am using this post as the basis of my inquiry.

http://www.mail-archive.com/middlegen-***@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00948.html

Any help in this will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Russell Simpkins
2004-07-06 09:02:03 UTC
I had this problem once with PostgreSQL, and it was due to the jdbc
driver. I upgraded my jdbc driver and the problem went away.

[...]

_____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo!
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/50x/*http:/promotions.yahoo.com
/new_mail/static/efficiency.html> Mail - 50x more storage than other
providers!