[Middlegen-user] Middlegen and cmp 1.x
Saul Farber
2002-05-24 15:01:02 UTC
Hello all,

Is middlegen capabable of generating cmp1.x compatible beans? I know
xdoclet is capable of generating such beans, given the right *Bean.java
files, but can middlegen generate 1.x compatible ejb stubs from the DB?

--saul
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-05-24 15:27:02 UTC
Hi Saul,

Currently not. -But it should be fairly straightforward to implement it. The
same goes for BMP beans. I have never worked with CMP 1.x, so I'm probably
not the best person to implement it.

The current CVS version has been dramatically refactored in order to make it
easier to customise Middlegen's output. It uses the Velocity template
engine. In order to add CMP 1.x support to Middlegen, you must:

-Implement a subclass of middlegen.Plugin
-Implement a template for the generated code
-See middlegen/plugins/README.TXT for further info

If you want to give it a shot, I'll be happy to include your contribution in
the Middlegen source code. Don't hesitate to ask for more help on this
mailing list if you have any questions about how to proceed.

P.S. If you don't have CVS access where you're at, you can get the Middlegen
CVS sources via HTTP using http://sf.net/projects/cvsgrab/
D.S.

Cheers,
Aslak