[Middlegen-user] Trivial feature request - swap log4j for commons-logging
Darren Hartford
2006-01-09 11:40:02 UTC
Hey all,
I have a trivial request, and I'm posting it on the mailing list for
discussion.

Would it be possible to swap from log4j to commons-logging? By doing
this, the default behavior of commons-logging can be used in the
generate-sources/build environment without requiring a log4j
configuration file. However, by using commons-logging you can STILL use
log4j by simply including log4j in the classpath and the required log4j
configuration file.

One of the (again, trivial) usecases is in auto-building a project with
CruiseControl, the log4j warnings keep coming up because I don't use
log4j config files for the build environment.

Opinions?

-D
e***@tihlde.org
2006-01-10 10:16:23 UTC
I've read about some problems using commons-logging:
http://www.qos.ch/logging/thinkAgain.jsp

But I guess these problems are more related to applications/frameworks
running in app.servers or other large systems. So I don't really see any
problems in using it for Middlegen..

.e