[Middlegen-user] Middlegen (2.0 b1) airline application under JBoss
James-Vincent Brady
2003-07-25 08:24:01 UTC
Hi all,

OK I have come further and now I really want to find somebody who knows what to do!

The problem with AbstractReplicatedStore is due to the parameter in web.xml <distributable/>.
You just need to remove it. This problem will stop you from editing entities so it is not just cosmetic.

By fiddling with some parameters and adding the foreign keys to all the reservations jsp I can view anyexisting reservations properly - I just can't change them.
I always get a null pointer exception in viewReservationAction. (The code is:
value = req.getAttribute(name).toString();
but neither req nor name is null I checked.)

Does anybody know what you need to do to get the edit/insert functions with foreign keys to work? I know the Struts generation does not work, but I am quite prepared to make the changes manually if somebody can tell me what needs to be done. I have looked through the webs and bug lists but came up a blank.

Jim Brady

Datum: 23.07.2003 09:23
An: middlegen-***@lists.sf.net

Betreff: Antwort: Middlegen application under JBoss 3.2.1
Nachrichtentext:

I forgot say - I am using Middlegen-2.0-b1 - perhaps of course there is a bug with the CMR part?
Jim

Datum: 22.07.2003 15:00
An: middlegen-***@lists.sf.net

Betreff: Middlegen application under JBoss 3.2.1
Nachrichtentext:
Hi,
I have been trying to use JBoss 3.2.1 because it supports compound keys (unlike JBoss 3.0).
Everything seems to work except:
1. I keep getting the following error message in JBoss although it is not fatal I'm concerned it might be important!
ERROR [SubscribingInterceptor] could not get AbstractReplicatedStore.
2. Foreign keys do not appear in the forms - how do you set them? Any attempt to create a table entry with a foreign key fails with a null exception (of course since I haven't said what the foreign keys are). Do I have to do something to set up the foreign keys?
3. When I generated source using my own database I had to make two changes:
a. For database DATE fields I had to change new java.sql.Date to java.sql.Date.valueOf in several places.
b. I had to change java.math.BigDecimal to java.lang.Double in order to get the EJB QL to be accepted by JBOSS.
4. I had to fiddle with the dependencies in the build.xml in order to generate the source and then run just the compile & deploy targets. Is there a nice way to do that?

Jim Brady

(Still fairly new to the incredibly complex world of J2EE. Thanks for the product for all the problems I have had it certainly gives me a head start. What I would like is for you to integrate into Eclipse/Lomboz so that I can use a development tool for extending the starter application we can build using Middlegen. You should be fairly compatible as Lomboz uses xdoclet. I have been importing the generated source - the biggest issue I have is that Lomboz builds sometimes fall over and don't say why!)

James-Vincent Brady
2003-07-25 13:51:06 UTC
Hi all again -
I found the answer out myself after days of contemplating suicide.
The key is as follows:
1. Change RegistrationForm.java method copy