[Middlegen-user] Generating Hibernate Map/DAO from an existing Oracle schema
Lars M. Johansson
2007-01-12 10:33:54 UTC
Hi all,

I've done a few quick searches of the list archives but couldn't
really find what I was looking for, so here we go...

I am interested in generating Hibernate mappings and DAO:s for an
existing Oracle schema. This schema is defined and by an IBM WebSphere
Commerce application, that the app/tool I'm building will have to
co-exist with (we are building a _usable_ admin interface for our
non-tech business users).
Anyway, I am of the perception that Middlegen should be able to query
the database for the schema and generate mappings and DAO:s from this,
if I only give it a connection string (and some prefs...). However, I
can't seem to find the necessary instructions/documentation to get me
down that road..?

Any help/tips/pointers appreciated...

Best regards,
--
Lars M. Johansson +46 (0)70 508 8687
***@gmail.com +46 (0)46 323 815

"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone;
my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my
telephone" - Bjarne Stroustrup