[Middlegen-user] Oracle driver problem
hari babu
2003-01-03 07:10:07 UTC
hai friends,
I am facing a problem while using the samples given
along with the distributon(airline) with Oracle.
I changed the hsqldb.xml metioned in the first line of
build.xml with the oracle.xml and i configured the
Oracle.xml to point to the driver(classes12.jar).

The error i am getting when i run
ant create-tables is

"The jdbc driver you have specified by including one
of the files in d:\..... doesn't exist.
........ the error which we get if driver is not
present(panic-driver-not-present).

Can anybody help me out to solve this problem.

Hari Babu

http://sbc.yahoo.com
Aslak Hellesoy
2003-01-03 11:04:38 UTC
babu
Sent: 3. januar 2003 10:07
Subject: [Middlegen-user] Oracle driver problem
hai friends,
I am facing a problem while using the samples given
along with the distributon(airline) with Oracle.
I changed the hsqldb.xml metioned in the first line of
build.xml with the oracle.xml and i configured the
Oracle.xml to point to the driver(classes12.jar).
The error i am getting when i run
ant create-tables is
"The jdbc driver you have specified by including one
of the files in d:\..... doesn't exist.
........ the error which we get if driver is not
present(panic-driver-not-present).
Looks like you have edited the error message. I need the _exact_ error
message.
Can anybody help me out to solve this problem.
oracle.xml looks for the driver in

<property name="database.driver.file"
value="${env.ORACLE_HOME}/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar"/>

So you need to define an environment variable called ORACLE_HOME, and the
driver must be located at the path described above. The reason why you get
the error message is that the file denoted by
${env.ORACLE_HOME}/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar does not exist. You must have
goofed it somewhere.
Hari Babu