[Middlegen-user] java.lang.Boolean.MIN_VALUE
EEC - Darren Inwood
2002-12-15 20:35:02 UTC
i'm pretty green with all this...

whenever i try to use anything with a boolean java equivalent in it (postgre
BOOLEAN or hsqldb BIT), the source code gets generated using
java.lang.Boolean.MIN_VALUE (like for an Integer) instead of
java.lang.Boolean.FALSE

is there a fix for this, i've seen some extra stuff for Booleans lying about
in CVS :) what am i missing?

Darren
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-12-15 20:57:02 UTC
I guess you're talking about the generated Struts code. I also guess you're
using Middlegen from CVS HEAD less than a week old. I'm not sure what
Boolean "stuff" you're referring to (couldn't guess there).

Well, you can consider the struts plugin to be in alpha state. In many cases
it will produce code that doesn't even compile.

How to get around it?

a) Use the GUI to map the BIT columns to a different Java type.
b) Wait for someone to fix it.
c) Fix it yourself and submit a patch.

Cheers,
Aslak