[Middlegen-user] primary keys w/o sequence blocks and contributing samples
k***@keysolutions.com
2003-01-09 16:56:02 UTC
Instead of trying to get the MiddleGen samples working, I
decided to step back and get simpler examples working. I'd also
like to contribute these samples when I'm done; hopefully, they can
be used as test cases before a release.

For the first sample, I decided to do a user table. It's something
simple. It's a single table with the username as primary key which
is a typical thing to do (the other typical thing to do is to use
the user's email address, so maybe I should modify it to do that
instead).
Here's the table.

CREATE TABLE "Users"
(
"Username" varchar(100) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
"Password" varchar(100) NOT NULL,
"Email" varchar(100)
)

On trying the web application, after I created a user, the username
showed
up as a3f29d83c0a85802019d96b10dac8820 which looks like it was
because of the sequenceblock setting which I tried commenting out
<!--sequenceblock
blocksize="5"
retrycount="2"
table="SEQ_BLOCK"
/-->
but, of course, this causes struts to fail because bean creation
is done using (username,password,email) instead of (password,email)
now.

Are sequenceblocks for primary keys required by xdoclet's cmp20
support and/or middlegen? I know they're needed if you cluster
servers,
but for simplicity sake, can you do without them?

ken