[Middlegen-user] Schema/Catalog - Table Selection
Tim Kuntz
2002-01-20 00:55:02 UTC
All,

First, thanks for a great tool. I'm always amazed how well the open-source
community works. Seems like anytime I think I need to write something from
scratch... someone has already done it.

I do have an enhancement that I require but wanted to make sure that I
wasn't wasting my time writing it. I use Oracle at work and the Schema has
a very large number of tables, in addition, I work with multiple Schemas.
Instead of generating the tables for the entire Schema, I would like to add
a Schema/Catalog drop-down and a mult-select list with just the associated
tables. I could then select the tables I need and generate from them. Is
this useful for anyone else? Or is it already being done by someone but not
commited to CVS?

An additional question? Are there any databases that use both Catalogs AND
Schemas?

thanks,
Tim Kuntz
***@att.net
a***@netcom.no
2002-01-20 13:32:02 UTC
Kuntz
Sent: 20. januar 2002 03:47
To: Middlegen-User
Subject: [Middlegen-user] Schema/Catalog - Table Selection
All,
First, thanks for a great tool. I'm always amazed how well the
open-source
community works. Seems like anytime I think I need to write
something from
scratch... someone has already done it.
Thanks! I've been very busy with XDoclet work lately, but now I'll focus
more on Middlegen again.
I do have an enhancement that I require but wanted to make sure that I
wasn't wasting my time writing it. I use Oracle at work and the
Schema has
a very large number of tables, in addition, I work with multiple Schemas.
Instead of generating the tables for the entire Schema, I would
like to add
a Schema/Catalog drop-down and a mult-select list with just the associated
tables. I could then select the tables I need and generate from them. Is
this useful for anyone else? Or is it already being done by
someone but not
commited to CVS?
I've submitted a feature request for that, so I won't forget it. I actually
had thought of it.
An additional question? Are there any databases that use both
Catalogs AND
Schemas?
I have no idea. I suppose so. Doesn't Oracle? (I'm not very good with
databases ;-)
thanks,
Tim Kuntz