[Middlegen-user] About Pavis Johann Contribution for multiple schemas
Jesus Salvador Ramos Cardona
2005-06-03 14:11:46 UTC
Good day, MGenUsers.

I have downloaded Pavis Johann's contribution to middlegen regarding database scattered in multiple schemas. However, I do not know how to use it, as the zip contains only sources. These questions arise:

1. Do I have to build it from scratch?
2. Do I have t replace the whole package in the original middlegen project?
3. Once the project is built, if needed, how do I use the multiple schema feature? Assigning space-separated schema list in the ant task?

Thank you very much for your help. I hope I can get it to work.

Regards.

J.

Jesús Ramos Cardona
Desarrollo de Sistemas de Casa de Bolsa

<mailto:***@ixe.com.mx> ***@ixe.com.mx <mailto:***@ixe.com.mx>

+52 (55) 51 74 22 22 ext. 1250

Ixe Grupo Financiero

Este correo electrónico y sus anexos pueden contener información CONFIDENCIAL para uso exclusivo de su destinatario. Si ha recibido este correo por error, por favor, notifíquelo al remitente y bórrelo de su sistema. Muchas gracias. Las opiniones expresadas en este correo son las de su autor y no son necesariamente compartidas o apoyadas por la compañía. Ixe Grupo Financiero no asume aquí obligaciones ni se responsabiliza del contenido de este correo, a menos que dicha información sea confirmada por escrito por un representante autorizado. No se garantiza que la transmisión de este correo sea segura o libre de errores, podría haber sido viciada, perdida, destruida, haber llegado tarde, de forma incompleta o contener VIRUS.
Wouter Boers
2005-06-03 14:16:14 UTC
If you are working with maven I a have fix for the maven-middlegen-plugin
that addresses this issue. If you want it give me a shout.

The authors of middlegen are not responding to my request of seeing if these
improvements can be included unfortunately.

Wouter

<mailto:***@ixe.com.mx> <mailto:***@ixe.com.mx> ***@ixe.com.mx

VIRUS.
Jesus Salvador Ramos Cardona
2005-06-03 14:40:03 UTC
Thanks foryour prompt reply, Wouter. Unfortunately, I am using ant to do the job. Is there any way to implement your functionality in ant?

Best regards.

J.

________________________________

Pavis Johann
2005-06-06 04:29:22 UTC
Hello
In order to use what i did, you have to rebuild middlegen from the archive you've dowloaded. After this is complete, you simply can use it by indicating all the schemas you want in the ant build file, separate with white space. Hope it will help you ;)
Best regards
Johann PAVIS

2005-06-06 12:06:25 UTC
Thanks for you reply, Pavis.

Looking at your source code, I managed to get your contribution to work. I am using it on an Oracle9i. However, Oracle is throwing an ORA-1000 error, which states that there are too many cursors open. I guess this is because of my environment, as I do not think your code causes connection leaks.

I'll let you know when your contribution works as they did.

J.

Wouter Boers
2005-06-18 13:17:51 UTC
Sorry for the late reply. Yes there. Its a little bit of work but you can do
it quite easily it think.

Wouter