[Middlegen-user] RE: Hibernate plugin - Status now in JIRA
Aslak Hellesøy
2003-05-14 21:15:07 UTC
Sent: 15. mai 2003 00:48
Subject: Hibernate plugin - Status now in JIRA
aslak,
I have added my status update to JIRA. You can assign it to me if you
please.
Whats going to happen with V2 of middlegen?
Not going to release a final at all?
I'm afraid I think 2.0 final will never be released. It has a nasty bug
(http://tinyurl.com/54au) that is too hard to fix without a complete
refactoring of the internal data model. This refactoring is quite big, and
will only show up in 3.0.

Of course, we could try to make a release based on a date before this bug
was introduced, but that would also require a lot of time - time that I'd
rather spend on 3.0.

Because of the nastiness of this particular bug, Middlegen 2.0 final isn't
going to be released. I'm sorry about that, but it's the way it's going to
be.
If so, when (should I be aiming at trying to at least get
the hibernate
plugin in place)?
If it's really urgent for you I would suggest you try to make it work
against the VALUEOBJECT_REFACTORING_BRANCH, which has been forked out from a
date prior to when this nasty bug was introduced.

If you upload a new patch for that, please give your attachments a name so
we can identify what branch it's for. Anyway, Hibernate has very high
priority in 3.0 (even higher than cmp), so it won't be overlooked.

Cheers,
Aslak
Thank,
Cheers David.