[Middlegen-user] The providerURL and initialContextFactory Issue
Rod Macpherson
2003-01-17 03:46:05 UTC
Generating your entity beans and artifacts for every target system all
at once makes perfect sense: the only thing that changes from the point
of view of middlegen/xdoclet are deployment descriptors. I stripped down
the build script to do just that but since I need middlegen's
datasourceJNDIName property for my weblogic descriptors it forced me to
also supply providerURL and initialContextFactory values. I set both to
"NOP" because they don't do anything in terms of my generating EJBs and
EJB artifacts. Requiring providerURL and initialContextFactory just
because datasourceJNDIName is supplied doesn't seem correct.

P.S. New users would definitely benefit more from a few bare-bones
examples than the elaborate sample that now exists.