[Middlegen-user] Deployment error under JBoss 3.0
M-Leander Reimer
2002-05-14 14:44:09 UTC
Hi there,

when I deploy the middlegen sample under Jboss RC2, I get the following
error:

18:38:47,225 ERROR [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] Failed to setup web
application ENC
javax.naming.NamingException: ejb-local-ref: ejb/Flight, target not
found, add valid ejb-link
at
org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.linkEjbLocalRefs(AbstractWebContainer.java:758)
at
org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer.parseWebAppDescriptors(AbstractWebContainer.java:568)
at
org.jboss.web.AbstractWebContainer$DescriptorParser.parseWebAppDescriptors(AbstractWebContainer.java:1051)

When I access the struts pages I do get a similar error:

18:43:32,035 ERROR [STDERR] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
airline.PersonLocalHome not bound

Does anyone know what causes this?? Why can't the reference be found?
Perhaps a problem with my server setup?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Leander
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-05-14 22:03:05 UTC
Hi Leander,

The code was generated by Middlegen (1.0?) then more code was generated by
XDoclet, then it was packaged, then deployed to JBoss. Then it failed.

I admit this suggests that there is something wrong with either Middlegen or
XDoclet, but I really think the JBoss boys and girls will be more helpful in
tracking down the problem. After all the error message we're seeing here is
from JBoss. Seek help in the JBoss forum. When you get an answer about
what's wrong, try to figure out whether Middlegen or XDoclet is to blame for
it.

Middlegen is to blame if it generates source code with bad @tags.
XDoclet is to blame if it generates bad output for correct @tags.

Cheers,