[Middlegen-user] generated jndi names
Ludovic Orban
2002-12-06 12:11:08 UTC

There is a couple of problems with generated jndi names that's causing me
some troubles. Middlegen is generating jndi names with the
local-jndi-name="${table.localJNDIName}" tag.

Problem one: the generated name is simply the fully-qualified class name
but some app servers like Orion don't like jndi names containing dots.

Problem two: Are those tags really useful ? If no jndi name is set, the
application server should still be able to resolve the ejb using its name.

I removed those tags for my personal version of middlegen and everything
works flawlessly. But I'm not sure, maybe some app server would absolutely
require it ?

Thanks,
Ludovic
Aslak Hellesoy
2002-12-06 12:56:02 UTC
Orban
Sent: 6. desember 2002 15:19
Subject: [Middlegen-user] generated jndi names
Hi,
There is a couple of problems with generated jndi names that's causing me
some troubles. Middlegen is generating jndi names with the
local-jndi-name="${table.localJNDIName}" tag.
Problem one: the generated name is simply the fully-qualified class name
but some app servers like Orion don't like jndi names containing dots.
I have committed some changes in CVS. '/' is now used instead of '.', which
I believe is more "standard".
Problem two: Are those tags really useful ? If no jndi name is set, the
application server should still be able to resolve the ejb using its name.
I removed those tags for my personal version of middlegen and everything
works flawlessly. But I'm not sure, maybe some app server would
absolutely
require it ?
Yep. Some containers require it.
Thanks,
Ludovic
Ludovic Orban
2002-12-06 21:56:05 UTC
Hi Aslak,
Post by Aslak Hellesoy
Post by Ludovic Orban
Problem two: Are those tags really useful ? If no jndi name is set, the
application server should still be able to resolve the ejb using its name.
I removed those tags for my personal version of middlegen and everything
works flawlessly. But I'm not sure, maybe some app server would
absolutely
require it ?
Yep. Some containers require it.
Then there should be an option to include them or not, probably including
them by default.

Ludovic
Aslak Hellesoy
2002-12-06 22:59:01 UTC
Sent: 7. desember 2002 01:05
Subject: RE: [Middlegen-user] generated jndi names
Hi Aslak,
Post by Aslak Hellesoy
Post by Ludovic Orban
works flawlessly. But I'm not sure, maybe some app server would
absolutely
require it ?
Yep. Some containers require it.
Then there should be an option to include them or not, probably including
them by default.
Why? Doesn't it work the way it is now? You can also use the
jndiprefix="blah" attribute to steer the jndi names.

Aslak
Ludovic