[Middlegen-user] A problem with the database connection
Dinesh Bhat
2004-11-04 18:48:11 UTC
The way I use middlegen in our build is
1. Create a temporary database user
2. Create tables
3. Run middlegen
4. remove the temporary database user.

This is to ensure that the concurrent builds do not conflict.

Whenever middlegen encounters a problem reading the tables, ( if the
specified tables donot exist), I get an database error ( user is still
connected ) when I try to remove the user.
It seems that middlegen does not close the database connection when it
encounters an error. I looked at the code MiddlegenTask.java:
execute() and it seemed like there could be a case where the
connection may not be closed.

I agree that this is not a major issue as the problem does not occur
for most users and only ocurs when there is an error.

Let me know if my analysis is correct, I could submit a patch.

Thanks
Dinesh
Eivind Waaler