[Middlegen-user] Wow! Synonym
Jason
2005-04-04 02:09:07 UTC
Using Oracle 10g and ojdbc14.jar (which is Oracles 1.4 jdbc driver).
Receiving the message below outside of middlegenide, but I notice when
running through middlegenide that "A" was listed as a table but A is not a
table according Oracle EM. Any ideas?

middlegen.MiddlegenException: Wow! Synonym A no

t found. How can it happen?

Configured schema:PPDM37

Configured catalog:null

Available schemas:

ANONYMOUS

BI

CTXSYS

DBSNMP

DIP

DMSYS

EXFSYS

HR

IX

MDDATA

MDSYS

MGMT_VIEW

OE

OLAPSYS

ORDPLUGINS

ORDSYS

OUTLN

PM

PPDM37

SCOTT

SH

SI_INFORMTN_SCHEMA

SYS

SYSMAN

SYSTEM

WKPROXY

WKSYS

WK_TEST

WMSYS

XDB

Available catalogs:
Mal
2005-04-04 06:08:00 UTC
Jason,

It is possible that A might be left over from a table deletion and is
still in your Oracle recycle bin, I've been caught out by left over tables
before. I'm using 10G and classes12.jar quite happily with middlegenIDE
Jason
2005-04-04 13:05:35 UTC
That was good info, it lead me to look at the schema itself. What I found
was that "A" is synonym for table Area. How come middlegen is trying to load
synonyms? Thought it was only supposed to read tables?

Mal
2005-04-04 13:17:12 UTC
I'd guess the distinction isn't made in MiddleGenIDE between tables and
synonyms even though it does recognise views. I'd think there is a
distinguisher in the use of the jdbc api to narrow down object types
during selection.