[Middlegen-user] Postgres (was: RE: [Middlegen-devel] Database supported)
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-04-15 15:30:55 UTC
Hi Rabia,

I haven't tried Middlegen with Postgres myself, but I recall having seen a
mail from someone mentioning that it works fine with Postgres. In fact,
Middlegen will work with any RDBMS that has a JDBC driver that supports the
full metadata API in JDBC.

It would be great if you (or someone else) can confirm that it works. Just
send a mail to middlegen-***@lists.sourceforge.net if it does.

(I moved this thread from middlegen-devel to middlegen-user)

Cheers,
Aslak

2002-04-15 17:46:35 UTC
Hi Rabia & Aslak!
Post by Aslak Hellesøy
It would be great if you (or someone else) can confirm that it works. Just
Yes. I can confirm that Middlegen works fine with PostgreSQL and it's JDBC
driver (I suppose at least also for all versions > 7).

But I wonder if you received my last mail (in case find it attached)
where I not only reported exact version-numbers but also a solution regarding
the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml problem (also reported by Grant) which is XDoclets not
JBoss fault.

Greetings,
Ta'id
`-Ž
--
email: ***@users.sourceforge.net
homepage: http://taid.holmes.at/
https://taid.holmes.at/tholmes.public.gpg
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-04-15 19:03:18 UTC
Thanks Ta'id!

I copied your mail into an XDoclet bug report (you can also post bug reports
;-)
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=544344&group_id=316
02&atid=402704

Hopefully, someone will pick it up soon I won't, becaus I know nothing about
JBoss. If you have a fix for it, don't hesitate to share it!

Regards,
Aslak