[Middlegen-user] Tuning the field/method/class names with custom code
a***@netcom.no
2002-06-06 05:18:02 UTC
Hi all,

I'm posting this as a follow-up on recent posts about clashing names
for CMR and CMP fields.

Middlegen lets you dynamically configure a custom class that takes care
of the conversion from database names to variable names, and thus
overriding Middlegen's default name-conversion logic. This can be done
by writing your own class like this:

package foo;

import middlegen.DbNameConverter;

/**
* This DbNameConverter will append "Bar" to all column names
*/
public class BarConverter extends DbNameConverter {
/** Must define a public constructor */
public BarConverter(){}

/**
* Copnverts column names to variable names and appends "Bar".
* Example: SCOTCH_WHISKY -> ScotchWhiskyBar
*/
public String columnNameToVariableName(String columnName) {
// Use logic from superclass and append "Bar"
return super.columnNameToVariableName(columnName) + "Bar";
}
}

And then assigning the class name to a system property called
middlegen.DbNameConverter.

On Windows:
SET ANT_OPTS=-Dmiddlegen.DbNameConverter=foo.BarConverter

On bash:
export ANT_OPTS=-Dmiddlegen.DbNameConverter=foo.BarConverter

And then run ant as usual.

Enjoy!
Aslak

Date: Tuesday, June 4, 2002 11:04 pm
Subject: [Middlegen-user] cmr with jboss and middlgen
I try to use jboss with middlegen/xdoclet and it complians about
14:48:50,622 ERROR [EjbModule] Initialization failed
prodrpt_safety_actions-has-cont prod_rpt with multiplicity
many using
foreign-key mapping is not allowed to have key-fields at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData>
loadKeyFields(JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.java:357) at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData>
init(JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.java:157)
So i figured it was xdoclet however when i go look at jbosscmp-
jdbc.xmli see this
<ejb-relation>
<ejb-relation-name>prodrpt_safety_actions-cont_prod_rpt</ejb-
relation-na
me>
<foreign-key-mapping/>
<ejb-relationship-role>
<ejb-relationship-role-name>prodrpt_safety_actions-has-
cont_prod_rpt</ejb-relationship-role-name>
<fk-constraint>false</fk-constraint>
<key-fields>
<key-field>
<field-name></field-name>
<column-
name>
</key-field>
</key-fields>
</ejb-relationship-role>
<ejb-relationship-role>
<ejb-relationship-role-name>cont_prod_rpt-has-
prodrpt_safety_actions</ejb-relationship-role-name>
</ejb-relationship-role>
</ejb-relation>
Now i dont know if
is a
mistake or what but i wonder about its correctness and also
the fact
that <field-name></field-name> is blank.
Can someone check this out?
Thanks so much again,
Grant
2002-06-06 05:24:02 UTC
P.S.

If Middlegen finds variable names for columns in the prefs.xml file,
the DbNameConverter will not be invoked. Therefore, remember to delete
the prefs file if you start using a new custom DbNameConverter.

D.S.

I am also trying to use Middlegen with JBoss 3.0, and I am using
Oracle 9i
with the thin driver.
Middlegen from CVS 4. June.
In addition to this bug #564761 I also get both CMP and CMR like
this:>
/**
* Returns the covdesc
*
*
*/
Grant Marblestone
2002-06-06 18:05:02 UTC
Howdy all,

Just being impatient and wondering if anyone is looking at the bug... if you
tell me in the general file it is i might be able to fix and patch.

Thanks,

Grant
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-06-06 18:17:04 UTC
Hi!
2002-06-06 18:59:12 UTC
Hello,

Grant, I saw your post and was working on the same problem yesterday. I
have a solution, that I just got working. It's not pretty, and I make no
promises.

(See attached file: entity-cmp-20.vm)

Thanks,

Greg

Aslak Hellesøy
<***@netcom.no> To: "Grant Marblestone" <***@atser.com>,
Sent by: <middlegen-***@lists.sourceforge.net>
middlegen-user-***@lists.sourc cc:
eforge.net Subject: RE: [Middlegen-user] jboss cmr

06/06/2002 03:16 PM

Hi!

G***@apcc.com
2002-06-07 10:36:02 UTC
My email system won't allow an attachment as large as the middlegen dir
zipped.

I attached one of my beans, so you can compare.

Those setter errors look like lines in the ejbCreate ??? Are those still
valid fields? One thing to try is removing the preferences file
(\middlegen\samples\src\<name>.xml) and running middlegen again. Also,
I've seen weird compile errors sometimes. Try removing the classes
directory and recompiling.

(See attached file: CompanyBean.java)

Thanks,

Greg

Grant
Marblestone To: ***@apcc.com
<***@ATSER cc:
.com> Subject: re: jboss cmr

06/06/2002
05:03 PM
Please
respond to
Grant
Marblestone

also can you send me a zip of your entire middlgen directory..

it seems to create teh xml files fine, but it gives me compiling errors
after xdoclet does its stuff..
seems all my setters
here... have a looksie.

Thanks so much man,

Grant

[javac]
C:\middlegen\samples\build\gen-src\cms\ejb\ClaimItemBean.java:227: cannot
resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : method setClaimNo (java.lang.Integer)
[javac] location: class cms.ejb.ClaimItemBean
[javac] setClaimNo( claimNo );
[javac] ^
[javac]
C:\middlegen\samples\build\gen-src\cms\ejb\CloseoutChecklistBean.java:338:
cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : method setContractNo (java.lang.String)
[javac] location: class cms.ejb.CloseoutChecklistBean
[javac] setContractNo( contractNo );
[javac] ^
[javac]
C:\middlegen\samples\build\gen-src\cms\ejb\ContProdRptBean.java:818: cannot
resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : method setContractNo (java.lang.String)
[javac] location: class cms.ejb.ContProdRptBean

Grant Marblestone
2002-06-07 16:23:02 UTC
Can someone please explain to me what is going on in the entity-cmp-20.vm
I dont understand what language this is in?

Grant

a***@netcom.no
2002-06-10 07:33:01 UTC
It's a Velocity template. Middlegen uses the Velocity template engine
to generate files. Velocity uses a simple proprietary language. For
more info:

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/

Aslak

Grant, I saw your post and was working on the same problem
yesterday. I
have a solution, that I just got working. It's not pretty, and I
make no
promises.
(See attached file: entity-cmp-20.vm)
Thanks,
Greg
Aslak Helles�y
"Grant
[Middlegen-user] jboss cmr
06/06/2002 03:16 PM
Hi!
Grant Marblestone
2002-06-10 12:04:05 UTC
More woes in the middlegen area....

Greg Emerick has done some work on the middlegen entity-cmp-20.vm and while
things are getting better, i need some more help.. below is my output from
jboss with the new vm build.

i think i am getting closer however! I compile fine and try to deploy and
this is what i get.

Any clues?
JBOSS RELATED
I have postgres so i could send you sql dump if you wanted, but you know
you
might not have it....
though if you want its a public server... so i can give you the
permissions
if you want to help.. i am beginning to hate databases...
14:35:16,859 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ProdrptRemark
14:35:16,859 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PgaReport
14:35:16,874 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ContPerformance
14:35:16,874 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=InitrptPersonnel
14:35:16,890 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=CloseoutPunchlist
14:35:16,890 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ReworkListRpt
14:35:16,890 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PgaLayout
14:35:16,906 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Permission
14:35:16,906 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ContProdRpt
14:35:16,921 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=User
14:35:16,921 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ProdrptDailyWork
14:35:16,921 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PgaSchema
14:35:16,937 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=UserMenu
14:35:16,937 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=QcrptRework
14:35:16,952 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ProdrptSafetyAction
14:35:16,952 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Submittal
14:35:16,968 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=CloseoutPunchlistDetail
14:35:16,968 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Contractinfo
14:35:16,968 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=CloseoutWarException
14:35:16,984 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=SafetyForm
14:35:16,984 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Report
14:35:16,984 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ContQcRpt
14:35:16,999 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=QcrptFollowUp
14:35:16,999 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=CloseoutChecklist
14:35:17,015 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ClaimItem
14:35:17,015 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=NonCompDetail
14:35:17,015 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=RfiReasonCode
14:35:17,031 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Contractorinfo
14:35:17,031 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PgaQuery
14:35:17,031 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=InitPhaseChecklist
14:35:17,046 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ContContractinfo
14:35:17,046 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=SafetyList
14:35:17,062 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=QcrptPrepPhase
14:35:17,062 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=NonCompliance
14:35:17,062 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=QcrptInitPhase
14:35:17,077 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Projectinfo
14:35:17,077 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=SchActivity
14:35:17,077 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=CloseoutWarInspection
14:35:17,093 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ProdrptEquipmentsReceived
14:35:17,093 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=QcrptRemark
14:35:17,109 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=GovtQaRpt
14:35:17,109 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Claim
14:35:17,109 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PrepPhaseChecklist
14:35:17,124 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PreprptPersonnel
14:35:17,124 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Role
14:35:17,124 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Rfi
14:35:17,140 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PgaScript
14:35:17,140 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Photo
14:35:17,156 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=CloseoutWarranty
14:35:17,156 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Discipline
14:35:17,156 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=PgaForm
14:35:17,171 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=CloseoutCklistDetail
14:35:17,171 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=Invoice
14:35:17,171 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=DailyReport
14:35:17,187 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ContPerfDetail
14:35:17,187 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=SafetyAudit
14:35:17,202 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ReportsPredefined
14:35:17,202 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ReworkrptDetail
14:35:17,202 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=UserRole
14:35:17,218 WARN [ServiceController] Ignoring request to destroy
non-existant
service: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,jndiName=ProdrptEquipmentsUsed
jboss.management.single
:J2EEApplication= ,J2EEServer=Single,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=cms-ejb.jar
14:35:17,234 ERROR [EjbModule] Initialization failed
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Mappings were not provided for
all
fie
lds: unmaped fields=[createdOn]
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.
loadKeyFields(JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.java:390)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.
init(JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.java:157)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCRelationMetaData.<init>(J
DBCRelationMetaData.java:309)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCApplicationMetaData.<init
(JDBCApplicationMetaData.java:383)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCXmlFileLoader.load(JDBCXm
lFileLoader.java:75)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.loadJDBCEntityMetaDat
a(JDBCStoreManager.java:602)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.create(JDBCStoreManag
er.java:322)
at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.create(CMPPersistenceMana
ger.java:155)
at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.create(EntityContainer.java:337)
at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:789)
at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.invoke(EntityContainer.java:1055)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceControl
ler.java:867)
at $Proxy0.create(Unknown Source)
at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.create(ServiceController.java:271)
at
java:39)
at
sorImpl.java:25)
at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
at org.jboss.util.jmx.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:174)
at $Proxy18.create(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule.createService(EjbModule.java:392)
at
134)
at
java:39)
at
sorImpl.java:25)
at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceControl
ler.java:867)
at $Proxy0.create(Unknown Source)
at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.create(ServiceController.java:271)
at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.create(ServiceController.java:211)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
sorImpl.java:25)
at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
at org.jboss.util.jmx.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:174)
at $Proxy5.create(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:376)
at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:651)
at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:526)
at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:490)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
sorImpl.java:25)
at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBea
nDispatcher.java:284)
at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
at org.jboss.util.jmx.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:174)
at $Proxy4.deploy(Unknown Source)
at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymen
tScanner.java:405)
at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scanDirectory(URLDe
ploymentScanner.java:586)
at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentS
canner.java:465)
at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.
loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:202)
at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.
run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:191)
14:35:17,484 WARN [NestedThrowable] Duplicate throwable nesting of same
base ty
class
org
.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException
file:/C:/jboss-3.
0.0RC3/server/default/deploy/cms-ejb.jar
(org.jbos
s.deployment.DeploymentException: Mappings were not provided for all
unm
aped fields=[createdOn])
at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:380)
[...]
Caused by: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Mappings were not
[...]
... 15 more
14:35:17,765 ERROR [MainDeployer] Couldn't deploy URL
... 15 more
a***@netcom.no
2002-06-10 12:42:03 UTC
Post by Grant Marblestone
More woes in the middlegen area....
Greg Emerick has done some work on the middlegen entity-cmp-20.vm and
while
things are getting better, i need some more help.. below is my output
from
jboss with the new vm build.
I have applied some of them locally. I'll commit it at my earliest
convenience, which is not tomorrow.
Post by Grant Marblestone
i think i am getting closer however! I compile fine and try to deploy
and
this is what i get.
Any clues?
I have no clues about JBoss errors. Did you ask on the JBoss list? This
is the Middlegen list. If they tell you what's wrong, you can tell me
afterwards, and I can make sure Middlegen doesn't create stuff that
makes JBoss choke.

Aslak