[Middlegen-user] log4j problems when starting
Steve Knight
2002-01-20 04:14:02 UTC
Hello,
I seem to be having trouble running middlegen. I get the following Exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Cate
gory
at middlegen.swing.Main.<clinit>(Main.java:62)

I have put log4j.jar in my classpath (I'm pointing to the jar in my JBoss distribution), but I still get his exception.
Any ideas???

Thanks,

Steve Knight
a***@netcom.no
2002-01-20 13:32:02 UTC
It sounds like a classpath problem anyway. If you're using a bat script or
ant script to start Middlegen, perhaps you could send me that and I'll take
a look.

Steve Knight
Steve Knight
2002-01-20 15:09:04 UTC
Do I have to use the Jikes compiler when running the build?

Thanks for the help,

Steve Knight

Steve Knight
Steve Knight
2002-01-20 15:20:03 UTC
Ok, I downloaded Jikes and everything seems to be working now.

Thanks

Steve Knight

Steve Knight
a***@netcom.no
2002-01-20 15:22:02 UTC
You don't have to use jikes. (I use it because it's faster and better at
reporting errors in code)
If you want to use standard javac, just change line 12 in build.xml to:

<property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>

Hope this helps.
Steve Knight
2002-01-20 16:09:03 UTC
Very nice!
A few questions...Is it possible to use middlegen with the new MySQL InnoDB
table type, as they support foreign keys?
And, has anyone created a plugin for JBoss yet?

Thanks,

Steve Knight

2002-01-20 16:39:03 UTC
One thing I noticed when running Middlegen was that the table settings panel
was too large for my 15" monitor at home. I simply added a JScrollPane to
the JOptionPane in the showSettings method of JTablePanel. Seems to work
and makes it easier to see what you are editing on my small monitor.
When I read the default schema from the test Hypersonic database, there are
no relationship links. Is this normal? Does this database have foreign
keys defined?

Thanks,

Steve Knight

2002-01-20 20:45:03 UTC
Hi again Steve!
2002-01-21 00:41:03 UTC
Well, I have tried it with the mm 2.0.7 Driver and the tables show up, but
there are no links shown. The foreign key is definitely there, cause if I
try to insert a record that doesn't give a proper reference I get a
referential integrity error. I believe the driver does in fact support the
getCrossReference( ), so I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Does the foreign
key have to have a name (child_parentid_fk)? The InnoDB docs do not specify
how to name the foreign key.
Interestingly, when I explore the tables in Forte for Java, it doesn't show
anything under the Foreign keys node...leading me to believe that InnoDB
stores them in some strange way.
I will keep trying.

Steve