[Middlegen-user] Middlegen application under JBoss 3.2.1
James-Vincent Brady
2003-07-22 11:02:13 UTC
I have been trying to use JBoss 3.2.1 because it supports compound keys (unlike JBoss 3.0).
Everything seems to work except:
1. I keep getting the following error message in JBoss although it is not fatal I'm concerned it might be important!
ERROR [SubscribingInterceptor] could not get AbstractReplicatedStoreAbstractReplicated.
2. Foreign keys do not appear in the forms - how do you set them? Any attempt to create a table entry with a foreign key fails with a null exception (of course since I haven't said what the foreign keys are). Do I have to do something to set up the foreign keys?
3. When I generated source using my own database I had to make two changes:
a. For database DATE fields I had to change new java.sql.Date to java.sql.Date.valueOf in several places.
b. I had to change java.math.BigDecimal to java.lang.Double in order to get the EJB QL to be accepted by JBOSS.
4. I had to fiddle with the dependencies in the build.xml in order to generate the source and then run just the compile & deploy targets. Is there a nice way to do that?

Jim Brady

(Still fairly new to the incredibly complex world of J2EE. Thanks for the product for all the problems I have had it certainly gives me a head start. What I would like is for you to integrate into Eclipse/Lomboz so that I can use a development tool for extending the starter application we can build using Middlegen. You should be fairly compatible as Lomboz uses xdoclet. I have been importing the generated source - the biggest issue I have is that Lomboz builds sometimes fall over and don't say why!)

sabat
2003-07-22 13:44:15 UTC
Post by James-Vincent Brady
Hi,
I have been trying to use JBoss 3.2.1 because it supports compound keys (unlike JBoss 3.0).
1. I keep getting the following error message in JBoss although it is not fatal I'm concerned it might be important!
ERROR [SubscribingInterceptor] could not get AbstractReplicatedStoreAbstractReplicated.
2. Foreign keys do not appear in the forms - how do you set them? Any attempt to create a table entry with a foreign key fails with a null exception (of course since I haven't said what the foreign keys are). Do I have to do something to set up the foreign keys?
What db are you using? I'd be willing to bet it's mysql. You have to do
some special setup on mysql to get middlegen to see the foreign key
relationships. Look at the mailing list archives from a couple of months
ago for info about this.
James-Vincent Brady
2003-07-23 05:25:29 UTC
I forgot say - I am using Middlegen-2.0-b1 - perhaps of course there is a bug with the CMR part?
Jim