[Middlegen-user] Cascade-delete
Ben Litchfield
2003-10-06 21:52:06 UTC
Is it possible to set the cascade-delete option for a relationship?

Ben
Eivind Waaler
2003-10-07 05:08:08 UTC
That has not been added to Middlegen yet. It sould be a pretty easy task
to update the entitybean plugin with a setting for this, since xdoclet
supports it on the @ejb.relation tag:

http://www.xdoclet.org/tags/ejb-tags.html#@ejb.relation%20(0..1)

.eivind
Ben Litchfield
2003-10-07 14:18:04 UTC
Of course to do it right I would want to update the middlegen GUI to allow
a user to click on a relationship and select a cascade-delete option for
either side of the relationship. Maybe I can work on that. I assume
people would want the default to be false for all relationships.

Ben
Eivind Waaler
2003-10-07 18:37:04 UTC
Sounds like a good improvement. Ideally all options available in xdoclet
tags should be in the middlegen gui/preferences as well :-)

Probably smart to keep default options the same as leaving the xdoclet tag
out, so the behavior doesn't change compared to older versions.

Submit any changes you do as patches in the middlegen jira:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10110

.eivind