[Middlegen-user] RE: [Middlegen-devel] Postgres support
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-05-12 08:40:02 UTC
Hi Stuart,

(This is more like a user question, than a dev question, so I moved this to
middlegen-user)
2002-05-12 13:13:01 UTC
Hi there,
I have tried your tool with Postgres and found that unfortunatley it
doesn't seem to work with Postgres. When run in GUI mode, no tables
are available for import.
I encountered the same problem working with postgres (forgot to make a
bug report).
As far as i can remember, the problem occurs, if you don't specify any
table in the build.xml (middlegen section) and running middlegen in the
gui mode. All other combinations work fine (no tables specified/no gui;
some tables/no gui & some tables/gui).
Well, this isn't really a solution for the problem, but maybe this
bug-workaround-tip helps you.

Greetings
Hendrik
--
Hendrik Bohlen, Dipl.-Inform.
Werum Software & Systems AG

mailto:***@werum.de | http://www.werum.de
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-05-12 18:50:03 UTC
I have just installed PostgreSQL. I'll look into this when I get time.

Cheers,

Aslak
stuart johnson
2002-05-13 05:31:02 UTC
I resolved this by replacing the jdbc7.0-1.1.jar Postgres jdbc driver with
the newer pgjdbc2.jar as there was problems in reading the meta data.
2002-05-13 07:08:09 UTC
I resolved this by replacing the jdbc7.0-1.1.jar Postgres jdbc
driver with
the newer pgjdbc2.jar as there was problems in reading the meta data.
Does this mean it works without explicitly specifying the <table>s too?

Cheers,
Aslak