[Middlegen-user] Use of Orion/Oracle9i?
Marian Flor
2002-07-04 05:47:04 UTC

i am looking forward to use middlegen (1.0) with the Orion application
server that ships with Oracle 9i.
I am already familar with middlegen (used with Oracle8i and WLS6.1).

Is Middlegen ready for the use with the Orion-Server?
If so which version should i use (1.0 vs. CVS)?
Has anybody some experience so far concerning this topic?

Cheers,
Marian
Aslak Hellesøy
2002-07-04 16:12:06 UTC
Flor
Sent: 4. juli 2002 09:46
Subject: [Middlegen-user] Use of Orion/Oracle9i?
Hi,
i am looking forward to use middlegen (1.0) with the Orion application
server that ships with Oracle 9i.
I am already familar with middlegen (used with Oracle8i and WLS6.1).
Is Middlegen ready for the use with the Orion-Server?
I'd love to support all kinds of app servers, but I don't plan to install
all of them on my machine (because there are too many of them). I can't test
that Middlegen produces correct code (that is, @tags) if I don't have the
server installed. The servers I'm using today are WLS and JBoss.

Therefore, I rely on Middlegen's user to provide patches and test on
specific EJB containers (and also databases).
If so which version should i use (1.0 vs. CVS)?
Has anybody some experience so far concerning this topic?
Very easy:

1) Download the CVS version and add @orion.blabla tags to the
entity-cmp-20.vm Velocity template.
2) Rebuild Middlegen
3) Add an <orion/> subtask to the sample's <ejbdoclet/> task
4) build the sample and verify that it deploys correctly on orion.

It shouldn't be hard, really. When you have somthing that works, you should
send me a patch (preferrably a diff submitted to the SF patches page). When
I apply the patch, more people will start using Middlegen with Orion, and
they will maybe discover bugs or propose enhancements. And you'll be famous
;-)

As for Oracle 9i no changes should be necessary. Just use a JDBC driver that
complies with it.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Marian
Marian Flor
2002-07-09 08:58:05 UTC
2002-07-09 09:21:05 UTC
Done. Currently the @orion.persistence persistence-name does not show up
in the orion-ejb-jar.xml but I have put it into the entity-cmp-20.vm in
the #foreach($column in $table.columns) loop for the set<Field>(),
get<Field>() methods.

What version of xdoclet ships with the middlegen-CVS-Version from the
5th of July? May this be a problem?
Post by Aslak Hellesøy
2) Rebuild Middlegen
Works fine.
Post by Aslak Hellesøy
3) Add an <orion/> subtask to the sample's <ejbdoclet/> task
Done.
Post by Aslak Hellesøy
4) build the sample and verify that it deploys correctly on orion.
TBC. :-)

Aslak Hellesøy
2002-07-09 10:04:04 UTC
Hi Marian,
i am looking forward to use middlegen (1.0) with the Orion application
server that ships with Oracle 9i.
entity-cmp-20.vm Velocity template.
Done.
in the orion-ejb-jar.xml but I have put it into the entity-cmp-20.vm in
This is an XDoclet/Orion issue. You can take a look at the
orion-cmp-mapping.xdt template file
in XDoclet's CVS to get a better understanding of what tags to put in where
(in case the docs are wrong).
If you believe there is a bug related to Orion/XDoclet, please file a bug
report.
the #foreach($column in $table.columns) loop for the set<Field>(),
get<Field>() methods.
What version of xdoclet ships with the middlegen-CVS-Version from the
5th of July? May this be a problem?
XDoclet built from the MAIN branch from about the same time.
Post by Aslak Hellesøy
2) Rebuild Middlegen
Works fine.
Post by Aslak Hellesøy
It shouldn't be hard, really. When you have somthing that works, you
should
I would like to submit the patch but I am stuck with the problem above.
I found that Ara Abrahamian answered the question in the xdoclet-faq
concerning orion and xdoclet.
Maybe you (Ara) could give me some tips for the orion application-server
in conjunction with xdoclet?
Thanks,
Marian
Cheers,