[Middlegen-user] sloooow
jfina
2002-04-09 12:46:31 UTC
Hi!
Nice product!
I discovered middlegen today (have for a long time awaited such a thing) and modified the build.xml script to my mysql (3.26.46-nt)
mysql database. The database obviously got something to work on...for a long time - util i killed the process.
I checked out the the source and it seems like addRelations method is veery slow. Since it opens a table: n*n - n times accessing
the db each time, i'm stuck waiting for a very loong time with my 98 tables (9500 table openings) :-)
I also run mysql; so getting the relations right shouldn't be to easy since we have no guarantie that the columnnames are the same.
(i could of course change my model to be uniform columnnames (pf-fk)

I bypassed the addRelations method but things crashed(some xdoclet classpath problems)...i'll have a new look tomorrow :-)

/Jon
a***@netcom.no
2002-04-09 13:46:20 UTC
I discovered middlegen today (have for a long time awaited such a
thing) and modified the build.xml script to my mysql (3.26.46-nt)
mysql database. The database obviously got something to work
on...for a long time - util i killed the process.
I checked out the the source and it seems like addRelations method
is veery slow. Since it opens a table: n*n - n times accessing
the db each time, i'm stuck waiting for a very loong time with my
98 tables (9500 table openings) :-)
In case you don't want to generate beans for all tables, you can
specify what tables you want using nested <table> elements. In case you
want 98 beans, well, I'm afraid that there are n*n-n possible
relationships to investigate. The only way to get around that is to
tell Middlegen what relations actually do exist, so it doesn't check
non existing ones. Something like a <relation t1="band" t2="record">
element in the ant task would be enough to give middlegen a hint.
Post by jfina
I also run mysql; so getting the relations right shouldn't be to
easy since we have no guarantie that the columnnames are the same.
(i could of course change my model to be uniform columnnames (pf-fk)
What are you talking about? I'm not following you. Who says that column
names must be the same?
Post by jfina
I bypassed the addRelations method but things crashed(some xdoclet
classpath problems)...i'll have a new look tomorrow :-)
/Jon
Pls tell me what version you're using. 1.0? CVS? from when?

Hilsen Aslak