[Middlegen-user] Reserved field-names in middlegen ?
Kinshuk
2004-02-13 10:59:06 UTC

I am new to Middlegen but so far this looks too good to be true !

Small issue - i failed to post this as a bug.

I found that if any table has a field named 'SHORT' then there is a problem getting the jars to compile. I often use SHORT as a field-name instead of SHORTNAME.

I had a table called NEWS. Things did not go too well here either.

I think 'short', 'new' are being used in the code in some way as to cause Java compilation problems.

Other than that, no issues so far. I am using SQL Server 2000, ms-sql driver.

BTW, the docs say that the Struts plugin wont work well if we dont use the 'airline' application. But it does !

Thanks

Kinshuk
Ludovic Claude
2004-02-13 11:17:03 UTC
Post by Kinshuk
Hi,
I am new to Middlegen but so far this looks too good to be true !
Small issue - i failed to post this as a bug.
I found that if any table has a field named 'SHORT' then there is a
problem getting the jars to compile. I often use SHORT as a field-name
instead of SHORTNAME.
I had a table called NEWS. Things did not go too well here either.
I think 'short', 'new' are being used in the code in some way as to
cause Java compilation problems.
Other than that, no issues so far. I am using SQL Server 2000, ms-sql driver.
BTW, the docs say that the Struts plugin wont work well if we dont use
the 'airline' application. But it does !
Thanks
Kinshuk
Kinshuk,

If you launch middlegen with the gui, you can change the names of the
java fields and java classes. So you can rename your field to
'shortName', or rename the table 'News'

Ludovic