[Middlegen-user] Middlegen options
Steve Knight
2002-02-18 14:17:03 UTC
Hello Aslak,
Is there anyway to customize the output of middlegen...are there more parameters or tags that are not shown in the sample build.xml? With the last release you could change the settings for each bean, but apparently this is gone now. Or is it a work in progress?
I guess I will have to play around with the template file and source code. I have already changed the way the relation and relationship role names are created so that they are compatible with MVCSoft's persistence manager. And I am thinking of adding the MVCSoft tags to the template. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Steve Knight
a***@netcom.no
2002-02-18 14:45:09 UTC
Hi Steve,

Andrew Stevens asked basically the same question ->
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=498983&forum_id=232

-So the ability to customise output is work in progress.

It would be great to have MVCSoft tags in the template! I think we need an
abstract RelationshipRoleNameFactory, and the possibility to configure what
factory to use at runtime.

MVCRelationshipRoleNameFactory extends RelationshipRoleNameFactory {
public String createRelationshipRoleName( Table left, Table right ) {
// Steve's code
}
}

Relation's constructor will use the runtime-configured factory. -See here
for a sample impl of such a factory:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xdoclet/xjavadoc/src/xjavadoc
/XTagFactory.java?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Do you think you could implement something like this and send it to me? I'm
very busy ATM.

Steve Knight
Steve Knight
2002-02-18 15:03:01 UTC
Hi Aslak,

"I think we need an abstract RelationshipRoleNameFactory, and the
possibility to configure what factory to use at runtime."

Actually, MVCSoft has identified this lack of compatibility with XDoclet
relation/relationship names as a "name mapping bug", and it will be fixed in
the next release.
As for adding the MVCSoft template tags, because the project I am currently
working on is using MVCSoft's pm, I will definitely look into it. However,
as I've said before, I am very new to XDoclet and haven't really studied how
the template mechanism works...doesn't look like it will be to hard to add
though.

Steve Knight
a***@netcom.no
2002-02-18 14:47:08 UTC
About task params: All currently available parameters are shown in the
samples.