[Middlegen-user] Duplicate method names -- NEVERMIND
D***@nascopgh.com
2003-05-09 13:35:04 UTC
Sorry,

This turned out on further inspection to be because of DB contstructs that
were questionable interacting w/ Middlegen's java name conversion, i.e.:
table PhoneTypeCode had a key called Phone_Type_Code. Ugh. We're addressing
it at the DB level.

Thanks anyway,
Dave
Hi,
I'm having a problem w/ CMP 2.0 Entities generated
by Middlegen. The bean
classes end up having duplicate method names for
relations: one for the CMP
and one for the CMR. Regardless of whether these
work in JBoss or other
servers (they're rumored to in JBoss 3.2.x), it's
not legal Java to have
two methods which differ only by return value.
Is there some configuration option I'm missing which
would control this?
Thanks,
Dave Neuer
Kyle F. Downey
2003-05-09 14:01:07 UTC
Post by D***@nascopgh.com
Sorry,
This turned out on further inspection to be because of DB contstructs that
table PhoneTypeCode had a key called Phone_Type_Code. Ugh. We're addressing
it at the DB level.
We saw this too: in one instance a table with a name like
RESD_RESIDUAL_TYPE had a primary key column called RESIDUAL_TYPE.
Unfortunately, using <table> we were trimming the RESD prefix off table
names, so the CMR field's name became residualType, matching the the CMP
field. I corrected it by going into the Middlegen editor and renaming each
such field residualTypeCode or something like that. But I think it should
be handled in Middlegen itself if possible so such workarounds aren't
necessary.

Also, I have patches to how javadoc is generated--per a bug mentioned a
while back--and a patch to allow the package name to be overridden in the
about getting these integrated?

--kd
D***@nascopgh.com
2003-05-09 14:56:09 UTC
Post by D***@nascopgh.com
were questionable interacting w/ Middlegen's java
table PhoneTypeCode had a key called
Phone_Type_Code. Ugh. We're
Post by D***@nascopgh.com
addressing
it at the DB level.
<snip>
Post by D***@nascopgh.com
Also, I have patches to how javadoc is
generated--per a bug mentioned a
while back--and a patch to allow the package name to
be overridden in the
sub-packages. How can I go
about getting these integrated?
--kd
Go to Middlegen sourceforge project page and follow the "bugs" or "patches"
link: I think this will redirect you do a Jira bug-reporting site; then
create an account, create a new issue, and then attach the patches to the
issue.

Dave