[Middlegen-user] simple question
Axonix
2002-07-25 04:04:01 UTC
Hi
Are there anybody who explain me how I can running this perfect program ? At
first I downloaded last release - middlegen.1.0.zip but couldn't found there
any running script - only build.bat for Ant, after that I downloaded CVS
snapshot and compiled them but couldn't running it again becouse I couldn't
found any class with main() method. Am I so stupid or this programm so smart
? Explain me please.

SY
M-Leander Reimer
2002-07-25 05:05:02 UTC

Middlegen only works together with Ant, it's not a stand alone program,
thus no main().
This enables you to integrate the generation of CMPs through Middlegen
and the generation of the appropriate interfaces and deployment
descriptors via XDoclet with the required build process for your J2EE
application. Look at the build.xml files in the samples directory.

Leander
Post by Axonix
Hi
Are there anybody who explain me how I can running this perfect program ? At
first I downloaded last release - middlegen.1.0.zip but couldn't found there
any running script - only build.bat for Ant, after that I downloaded CVS
snapshot and compiled them but couldn't running it again becouse I couldn't
found any class with main() method. Am I so stupid or this programm so smart
? Explain me please.
SY
M.-Leander Reimer
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)

Techdivision
Kunstmühlstr. 17
83022 Rosenheim

Fon: (08031) 356 38 32
Fax: (08031) 356 38 48
Mail: ***@techdivision.com
Eivind Waaler
2002-07-25 05:10:02 UTC
For the downloadable release of middlegen:

First set up a database in build.xml. Middlegen connects to mysql by
default. The database it looks for is 'xdoclet':

databaseurl="jdbc:mysql://localhost/xdoclet"

For instance I have a mysql database instance called 'airline' (sample db
for cvs middlegen):

databaseurl="jdbc:mysql://localhost/airline"

To run the middlegen sample now, simply run build.bat in the samples
dir. If you want to see the middlegen gui, change the <middlegen.. task in
build.xml from gui="no" to gui="yes".

I would strongly recommend you to use the CVS release. This does not ship
with ant, so you need to download and install version 1.5.. One build.xml
script builds middlegen itself, another one runs the samples.

.eivind