[Middlegen-user] Table Selection Box
Kuntz, Tim
2002-01-22 14:57:08 UTC
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=506051&group_id=36
044&atid=415993

I have added this feature locally but wanted to review the functionality to
see if it was something that I could send one of the developers for
addition.

I have added a "selection" panel west of the schema panel. The selection
panel contains a dropdown for the schema names, a multi-select list for
table names and a refresh button for repopulating the schemas when the
connection settings change. Basic usage is...
- start MG
- modify connection settings as needed
- press Refresh button on selection panel to get schema list
- change schema as needed
- select tables from list
- select "Read schema from database" to add selected tables to schema panel

A couple of notes...
1) By only having a single dropdown I am assuming that we will either be
using a Catalog or a Schema which I dynamically determine during the Refresh
process. Thus, I am ignoring the connection settings for Catalog and
Schema. Obviously this is a problem if there is a database requiring that
both be selected but I am not aware of any (not that I would know <grin/>).

2) If a Catalog/Schema exists with the same name as the connection UserName,
that is the default selection, otherwise the first schema in the dropdown
is.

Tim Kuntz
The Pampered Chef
630.916.1182
***@pamperedchef.com
a***@netcom.no
2002-01-23 10:29:31 UTC
I'll see if I can add your stuff if you upload a patch/your modified
sources. Please do that on the patches page -->

Thanks,
Aslak