[Middlegen-user] Middlegen 3 status ????any Beta version ?????
zousey seyzou
2004-09-02 15:13:15 UTC
Hello guys I am wondering about the status of middlegen3 is there a way to
checkout the beta version from jira ? or somewhere else ? if so can somebody
help me with the cvs command ????
tanks

Find det, du søger på MSN Søg http://search.msn.dk
Eivind Waaler
2004-09-03 05:03:00 UTC
Unfortunately there is no beta version available. To be honest, I'm not
sure if there's going to be any Middlegen3 for a long time.

I feel that the current Middlegen works fine for most people. My current
goal is to get everything cleaned up a bit and release the 2.1 version.

What kind of functionality would you hope for in a Middlegen3 version? The
thing I see as important would be to remove the dependency on Ant, to make
it easier to write IDE plugins, Maven plugin, standalone version etc.

Regards
=2Eeivind
Ben Litchfield
2004-09-03 09:45:03 UTC
Post by Eivind Waaler
I feel that the current Middlegen works fine for most people. My current
goal is to get everything cleaned up a bit and release the 2.1 version.
I disagree, there are several bugs that make it impossible to use
middlegen on our projects. It appears that any work on middlegen has been
coming to a near stop.

I do agree that I would rather see several bugs fixed before a middlegen3
though.

Ben Litchfield
Eivind Waaler
2004-09-08 06:59:04 UTC
For the 2.1 release I'd like to clean everything up. Try to make things a
bit smaller and simpler.

There hasn't been much work on it lately, that's also why I think that
getting a 2.x line of versions working is more realistic than coming up
with a all reworked version 3.

If there are anyone willing to help work on fixing the bugs and getting
the 2.x versions back on track that would be appreciated. Send me a mail..

Regards
.eivindw
Darren Hartford
2004-09-03 09:55:00 UTC
Hey Eivand, crew,
I know I am quite happy with Middlegen2!! A 2.1 version would be nice, clean up the VO code, catch up on the patches/improvements that have been made since 2.0-VO (and maybe merge back the Hibernate/Middlegen changes as well).

For me personally, it's nice to know if need to plan for a migration period to the next version, but if Middlegen3 is not going to happen for quite some time, it is good to know to plan to keep working on Middlegen2 series.

In understanding that this is open-source and most of the devs would be more than happy working on the Middlegen3: I, as probably others, would like some more regular distributions of the 2.0/2.1 Middlegen series and try to keep Middlegen fresh and up-to-date instead of seeing a stale, unfinished 2.0-VO and not seeing anything new happening except for talk about Middlegen3.

my two coppers,
-D